Please join us for 3 nights of exciting amateur boxing at its best. Once again Longview, Texas will be the site of the historic and legendary East Texas Golden Gloves. The 83rd installment of the finest talents of East Texas being displayed, is sure to be memorable as we crown the Champions of tommorow. East Texas Golden Gloves
The 83rd Annual East Texas Golden Gloves (Sanction #23-26-180519)
- PURPOSE: To allow boxing matches for USA members athletes.
To encourage safe and competitive completion that enhances the value and knowledge of amateur boxing.
- ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS: All USA Boxing athlete members ages 8-40 yrs that are registered for 2023. Boxers who are matched will be notified by the tournament Director no later than 02/12/2023.
- COMPETITION DATES & BOUT TIMES : February 16,17,18, 2023, nightly competition 6:00 PM Approximately 25 bouts per night. Matched bouts will be accepted by the weight according to New USAB Rules. Guide for Making Matches at the Local Level
- . LOCATION :1123 Jaycee Dr. Longview, Tx. 75604
- Spectators: Must follow rules! Receive arm band at spectators’ door. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS. Signage will be up instructing athletes, coaches and officials where to enter. Entrance and Exit will be separate doors. Adults(13yr & older) $15 Veterans $10 Youth (6yr to 12yr) $10 Kids (5yr & younger) FREE
- REGISTRATION There are no guaranteed matches. E-mail Boxer list to Mindy Rios and John Johnson at [email protected] and [email protected]
- ATHLETE DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED ? USA Boxing Competition Passbook (valid for 2023) ? Physical/Fit to Box Form (must be dated Feb. 16, 2023 or later). ? Release to Compete with Braces (if applicable) East TX Golden Gloves Registration Form
- WEIGH INS Upon receiving and accepting a bout you will be informed of weigh in time. The times will be staggered to allow for safe distancing and check in. Only 1 boxer will be allowed in the weigh in room at a time. Starting at 5pm nightly.
- Elite Boxers seeking to advance must be clean shaven.
- PHYSICALS Thursday, Feb.16 at 4:30 pm nightly
- COACHES & OFFICIALS Non athletes must be registered for 2023 with USA Boxing and have a current registration printed and attached to book. Back Ground check required, don’t wait until day before!! Coach’s Certification (completed in the last two years) to work at any USA Boxing sanctioned tournament. 3 coaches are allowed to be in the corner. Boxers are permitted to act as a seconds.
- EQUIPMENT ? East Texas Golden Gloves will provide boxing gloves. All boxers’ uniforms must have a color contrasting waistband. No adornment may be affixed to the trunks such as metal or plastic objects, sequins, etc. Trunks cannot have fabric that is partially attached and therefore able to flap with the movement of the boxer. This includes “gladiator/Thai” type trunks, fringe, and tassels. All other items, headgear, foul-proof cups, breast protectors, form-fitted mouthpieces, uniforms, tape and gauze, velpeau (soft stretchy cotton), sponges, spit buckets, must be provided by the participants.
- Divisions Youth (men & women) 17-18 years old Senior (Men & women): 18-40 years old Elite (Women): 18-40 years old Elite (Men): 18-40 years old. Pee Wee, Bantam, Intermediate, and Juniors